We intentionally conduct a rigorous hiring process, as we want to be absolutely confident that we are hiring the best educators to serve our students – ones who will thrive at Saigon Star and in Vietnam; who are adaptable and resilient; who are collaborative and professional; who are genuinely caring and passionate about working with children; and committed to lifelong learning.
We also strive to conduct an inclusive process that involves many stakeholders, which reflects our commitment to operate as a collaborative community. During this hiring process, we hope that successful applicants learn as much about us, as we learn about them.
- Application Screening
- A short 10-15 minute telephone interview with the Headteacher of Head of Department
- References requested
- Applicant tasks e.g. reading our learning policy, and sending supporting information such as examples of planning, assessments, parent communications and photos of your classroom
- First full-length interview with members of our leadership team
- A final interview (where possible, this will include members of student council and parent community)
- Formal offer and contracting
N.B. All positions of employment are dependent on comprehensive criminal and professional background checks. In order to receive a valid work permit and temporary residence card, applicants will be required to submit copies of their degree and teaching credentials for Vietnamese officials to check that you meet the minimum criteria.